The story behind the brewery Lubicz goes back to 1840, when it belonged to Jenny family. The brewery’s first building was commissioned by Rudolf Jenny, and built by a drawing of von Pierette. Brewery Lubicz was originally known as „John’s Brewery” and was the largest brewery in Krakow. The brewery belonged Jenny family to 1903 when it was taken over by Baron January Goetz Okocimski. Despite 1. World War and subsequent tough times, underwent brewery constant modernization and flourished. After baron January Goetz death in 1931, the management of the company taken over by his son, Antoni January Goetz
During the World War 2, the brewery buildings only suffered minor injuries. After the war, the brewery was nationalized and 1961 led by the Board of Fermentation Industry in Zabrze. In 1968 the brewery was taken over by beer manufacturer Okocim. It was equipped with, among other things, one of the first block painted works and one bottling line from former German Democratic Republic. Further development and expansion of the brewery was limited due to its location in the center, and when Carlsberg Okocim bought the Brewery in 2001, it was decided that beer production would cease.
Because of its role in the development of industry and infrastructure in Krakow in the 19th and 20th century brewery Lubicz is one of the sixteen landmarks that are officially recognized and is the official cultural route that leads to the historic attractions. Several buildings in the area are covered by the state preservation of cultural heritage, including Goetz Palace, the administrative building, engine room, boiler room and chimney.
Today the historic buildings, with their tradition and soul, are combined with a modern apartment complex. A successful and stylish mix of past and present. In the old brewery premises you now find a micro brewery Browar Lubicz and a brewery museum.